• Production of IFRS compliant financial statements reports of SCS Nigeria & Cherroots Nigeria.
• Co-ordination of audit of the financial statements by SCS N & Cheroots auditors
• Production of Management accounts in accordance with the SCB group standards and procedures, and other regulatory authorities’ requirements.
• Actively manage all costs line with the budgets, and SCB policies.
• Preparation of Regulatory Financial reports.
• Preparation of Financial Reports for Board meetings.
• Monitoring Regulatory ratios and compliance guidelines with regulators and give advance warnings on ratio’s that may move out or events leading to non compliance.
• Maintenance of an efficient and integrated accounting system with appropriate internal financial controls.
• To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
• Assist in co-ordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Department and in respect of SCS SA.
• Provide SCB N Finance Department support as required – will be further expanded when finalised.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1.General Ledger Reconciliation’s and Controls
• Reconciliation of the SCS N & Cheroots GL accounts on monthly basis and attend to the action items during the same month.
• Responsible for maintaining general and sub – ledgers for SCS N & Cheroots on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
2. Management Accounting
• Preparation of multi- currency management accounts on a monthly basis.
3. Statutory Reports
• Overall responsibility for the preparation of annual IFRS compliant financial statements for SCS N & Cheroots on a timely basis.
• Co-ordinate audit of SCS N & Cheroots financial statements.
• Responsibility for preparation of tax computation, for co-ordination of review with Outsourced Tax Consultants for income tax,
• Preparation of Quarterly and Annual SEC returns,
• Prepare, file and remit VAT, WHT, PAYE and all statutory returns on timely basis at all times.
4. Budgets and Forecast.
• Prepare budgets SCS N & Cheroots Budgets.
• Preparation of forecasts for SCS N.
5. Cross Border Recharges and Payments.
• Ensure that Payments are supported by appropriate documentation before payment is made and that long outstanding CBRs are escalated to the CFO.
6.Operational Risk Management
• To report unit’s OR issues and losses to UORM
• To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management.
• Act as OR financial coordinator for the SCS N & Cheroots.
• To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
• To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
• To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
• To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
• RP for SCS N Finance, when unavailable.
• To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
7. Entity Administration
• Implementation of SCB Policies
• Co-ordinate Implementation of SCB Financial systems, PSGL and appropriate TP systems.
• Assist with Development “End of Day” plans for SCS N, co-ordinate the SCS N aspects of the plan.
Qualifications & Skills
• Degree in business field, ACA, ACCA, CPA or similar.
• Hands on experience in working in a computerized accounting environment
• Experience in business management.
• Experience in preparing Statutory Financial Statements in line with IFRS is an absolute pre-requisite.
• Experience in working in a multi currency finance/banking environment.
• Ability to interface at Senior Management level
• Experience in dealing with administrative issues
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to develop and sustain teamwork
• Willing to work flexible working hours is a pre-requisite.
• High level management and analytical skills
• Experience in financial services sector preferred
• Ability to work unsupervised
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank’s growth in recent years.
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good.
- August 2, 2012
- Not Applicable
- Banking, Financial Services, Investment Banking
- Employer Job ID:343015
- Job ID: 3493522
- Source: linkedin